- Investment banking boutique for South-Eastern Europe with offices in almost all major countries in the Balkans and Turkey.
- Quoted many times in Financial Times, Euroweek and IFR magazines.
- BAC participants spoken all together at close to 50 conferences for the last 5-6 years, inc. Euromoney, Adam Smith, etc.
- Two Harvard University alumni.
- Experience of many investment banks and consultancies in London and New York such as Salomon Smith Barney Citigroup, J.P.Morgan, Merrill Lynch, Prudential Securities, Firebird, Barents KPMG, Deloitte & Touch.
- BAC’s main office is located in Sofia. 3 execution offices in Belgrade, Bucharest and Bucharest, several other regional offices.
- Offices and long experience in Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Turkey, Serbia, Macedonia.
- Russian/English - main languages.
- All major services of corporate finance/project finance/capital markets.
- Extensive accumulated investment banking experience in European emerging markets
- Experienced staff recruited from Tier-1 consulting firms and investment banks
- Combination of extensive Western expertise and local presence and hands-on experience within South-Eastern Europe
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of Bulgarian accounting and financial practices and how they relate to IAS/GAAP standards
- Excellent knowledge of local transaction conditions, procedures and customs
- Local networking, contacts and relationships
- Local infrastructure, permanent presence and persistency
- Unmatched execution track record
- Customized and focused financial transaction-oriented advice to Governments, multinationals, local corporates and international & local portfolio investors
Balkan Advisory Company Ltd. (BAC) was set up in Ireland in early 1998 as a fully-owned subsidiary of Europa Capital Management a.s. (ECM - www.ecm.cz), an asset management house headquartered in Prague and focused on Central and Eastern Europe. BAC has been the investment banking advisory arm of ECM covering projects across the Balkan countries.
In November 2000 BAC Ireland was sold by the principals of ECM to Mr. Vladimir Karolev who was the Country Director for Bulgaria of ECM and Senior Fund Manager of ECM-Bulgarian Post Privatization Fund (ECM-BPPF), a 40 million EURO private equity fund. Upon the spin-off of Balkan Advisory Company from ECM, Vladimir Karolev resigned from his positions with ECM and ECM-BPPF to focus on the activities of BAC. On 1st March, 2001, Alexander Bebov, an investment banker, formerly with JP Morgan and Schroders Salomon Smith Barney (CITI GROUP) in New York and London, joined BAC as a partner in charge of capital markets' projects.
Drawing on the experience of its principals and consultants in European emerging markets, Balkan Advisory Company succeeded in taking an active role in the field of investment structuring and advising in Bulgaria and is currently expanding its activities in other South East Europe emerging market countries. Building upon its strong local presence combined with top-notch Western know-how and proven track record, BAC is providing top M & A counsil, privatization and project finance advisory services. BAC strategy is to provide customized and focused “just-in-time” advice to blue chip international investors, local corporates, and various state institutions.
With its associates from Financial Network Inc., a US based boutique investment bank, BAC provides various debt related services, such as debt-to-equity swaps, debt recovery, issuance of sovereign and local corporate debt, debt net-offs, etc.