- Winner, 2022 Sustainability Leader in Emerging Markets, Global Business Magazine (GBM)
- Winner, 2022 CEO of the Year in Green Energy for Emerging Markets (Alex Bebov), GBM
- Winner, 2022 Best Asset Management House in Central and Eastern Europe 2022, GBM
- Winner, 2022 Best Sustainable Development Company CEE 2022, Global Business Review Magazine
- Winner, 2022 Outstanding Contribution In Investment Company CEE 2022 – Mr. Alex Bebov, GBRM
- Winner, 2022 Best Sustainable Development Company, Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), by GBRM
- Winner, 2022 Best CEO in Green Energy – Mr. Alexander Bebov – Eastern Europe 2022, BTabloid
- Winner, 2021 Best Sustainable Development Company, Central&Eastern Europe, Global Banking&Finance
- Winner, 2022 Investment Company CEO of the Year CEE 2022 (Mr. Alex Bebov), Int’l Bus Mag Awards
- Winner, 2022 Most Trusted Private Equity Funds Provider CEE 2022, Int’l Business Magazine Awards
- Winner, 2022 Best Boutique Investment Bank CEE 2022, International Business Magazine Awards
- Winner, 2021 Investment Company CEO of the year, CEE, by Global Banking and Finance Magazine
- Winner, 2021 Best Investment Bank, CEE, by Global Banking and Finance Magazine
- Winner, 2021 (Nov) Best Private Equity Funds In CEE 2021, Global Business Review Magazine
- Winner, 2021 (Nov) Best Investment Banking & Brokerage Boutique CEE 2021, Global Business Review
- Winner, 2021 (Nov) Outstanding Contribution In Investment Company CEE 2021 – Alex Bebov, GBRM
- Winner, 2021 (Dec), Best Financial CEO of the Year – CEE, The European Magazine
- Winner, 2021 (Dec), Best Investment Bank CEE, The European Magazine
- Winner, 2021 (Dec), Best Brokerage Service Provider – CEE, The European Magazine
- Winner, 2020 Best Boutique Investment Bank CEE by Capital Finance Magazine
- Winner, 2019 Best M&A Bank Central & Eastern Europe, by Global Finance Magazine
- Winner, 2016 Best Investment Banking Boutique Central & Eastern Europe, by Global Finance Magazine
- Winner, July 2018, Best Investment Bank Bulgaria, Euromoney Magazine
- Winner, July 2017, Best Investment Bank Bulgaria, Euromoney Magazine
- BAC and its team members were quoted many times in:
– Financial Times
– Wall Street Journal
– Global Finance Magazine
– IFR, etc.
- Capital Finance CEE 2020:
Balkan Advisory Company (BAC) is a boutique investment bank that packs a punch. BAC’s core market extends from its home base in Bulgaria to Serbia, Slovenia, Romania and Poland. It has established a reputation for superior service over the past 20 years, offering clients personalised assistance across six lines of business: M&A, principal investment and asset management, utilities and project finance, real estate, brokerage and new debt, financial institutions and capital markets. BAC is led by a seasoned team of regional experts with international experience from some of the world’s top financial centres and universities. BAC team members have proven skills on the buy-side or sell side of private equity, strategics, investment banking and advisory, with notable experience in restructuring, cost-cutting and efficiency optimisation projects. BAC is confident of its ability to outshine the competition — and backs that confidence up with case studies demonstrating competitive pricing and liquidity. BAC is a regional pioneer, the first investment bank to lead manage EMTN (Euro Medium Term Note) of joint Romania/Bulgaria issuer as well as having led-managed many corporate bonds and equity deals in the region, including led-managed eurozloty deal. It guides investors towards responsible targets, such as long-term renewable energy projects, and educates business leaders about the importance of transparent and proactive ESG reporting. BAC maintains a strong market hold in Central Eastern Europe (CEE) — and it has expansion plans in place. Green energy is on the top of its priorities and actual work these days. The CFI.co judging panel presents Balkan Advisory Company with the 2020 award for Best Boutique Investment Bank (CEE).
- “The M&A market in Eastern Europe also enjoyed a strong 2018”, says Alexander Bebov, managing director with Balkan Advisory Company IP EAD, an investment banking and brokerage boutique headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria, also active in Romania, Serbia and Poland, and Global Finance’s pick for Best M&A Bank in Central and Eastern Europe. Helping drive the strong showing are investors from more-mature economies hat are considering Central and Eastern Europe because of its above-average growth. The regional economy posted by 4.1% percent in 2018. according to FocusEconomics.
- “The growing strength and sophistication of the region’s institutional infrastructure and legal system, as well as improved corporate govermance at many companies, is also nurturing the M&A market”, Bebov says.
- “Market consolidation, too, is generating greater M&A activity”. Bebov points in particular to United Group, a telecom and media provider that has grown through multiple acquisitions. “Pay TV and broadband markets in our regions are quite fragmented, and we expect consolidation to take place,” he says.